Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Speaking Out


 The reason I chose the first discussion board from the Tradition unit is simple. I was able to write freely and express my opinion and give examples to back those opinions.  “Not knowing where to start and not having any previous knowledge or guidance can be hard on someone who is not born in one's culture. In my opinion, it would be much easier to have been born into a culture and grow up knowing its traditions and values, then to be forced upon one and having to learn everything about it.” There was a couple of responses from fellow classmates that required me to analyze deeper into what I was actually trying to say, which was good because  that meant that my audience wanted to know more. I was able to provide some more insight to their questions to hopefully make them understand where I was coming from a little better. 

1 comment:

  1. "There was a couple of responses from fellow classmates that required me to analyze deeper into what I was actually trying to say, which was good because that meant that my audience wanted to know more."
    I think whenever communicating clarification goes a long way. Its one thing to know what you're wrighting about but completely different to actually explain in uni-directional dialog.

    ReplyDelete