Friday, June 4, 2010

Analyze This

After viewing The Visitor, I chose Intermission Two to write about critical thinking. My view changed for one of the subjects that was part of the many story-line in the movie. Prior to the movie, I was not really sympathetic or even understanding towards immigrants that were residing in the states illegally, wondering what their motives were. While responding and reading other fellow students’ feedback, and watching and re-watching the film, this movie made me think about many issues and changed the outlook I had on the same topics and issues that Professor Walter had-- about how someone’s perspectives on people and life in general can change so quickly (only if that person wants to change that is), but also how everything seems to happen for a reason. I grew to respect people that immigrate to America in search of new jobs, education, living conditions--in search of a new life (or at least a change in their current one).

Ever since watching this movie, I have been analyzing almost every movie, trying to understand more than just what is going on during the film. I am picking apart the character's lives and putting myself behind the scenes and wondering what the directors' motives were in a certain scene. Many times, I am pondering to myself, thinking that particular movies that I watch would have been good for my English 101 class. It gets a little ridiculous sometimes, but I enjoy analyzing these movies, for I'm understanding more about the actions of people and community and how they can help each other or harm each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment